Friday, October 29, 2010

Back in Action After Much Delay

Yes, it has been a while since the last post. Things at work have sped up exponentially...

To back track some, I finished my internship in August with a job offer for Monitoring & Evaluation Director. As you probably guessed, I took it (an offer I couldn't refuse). Basically, for this point in my life it was my dream job, and anything I would look for in the U.S. would pale in comparison. So now I'm managing M&E, along with 5 staff and 1 intern, have a lot more responsibility, and unfortunately I currently am down 1 staff member so I'm doing so much of the work myself. It has been a sprint since the day I got here and it won't end until I leave on break in December. I think I can.. I think I can.. I think I can...

Since I have been back it has mostly been to work on updating USAID on our indicator progress (how many people we trained in different areas, ministries we're supporting, how many people have access to water and sanitation, etc.) and working on our annual report. We have a draft going now and it's already almost 200 pages...

More to come (plus pictures!).

No comments:

Post a Comment